here are some images to inspire you for spring/summer picnics bbq and in between
Simple Homemade Lemonade recipe
- 8 to 10 medium to large lemons.
- This should get
about 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice.
- 5 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Use room temperature lemons to make them easier to juice. Roll the lemons on
a countertop using your palm to soften them up and make them easier to juice.
- Juice the lemons and take the seeds out, using a strainer or sieve if you
also want it pulp free
- Bring 1 cup of the water to a boil in a saucepan and slowly add the sugar.
Cook slowly over a low heat, stirring gently until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove this mixture from the heat and add the lemon juice while it’s still
warm. This makes a lemon syrup. I usually have extra lemon juice on hand in case
there is a need to adjust the flavor later. Put the syrup in the fridge to cool
- Once the syrup is cooled you’re ready to make lemonade. Add the syrup to the
other 4 1/2 cups of ice cold water. This makes a decent sized pitcher of
lemonade. Add sugar if it’s too tart. Add more water or lemon juice if you find
it too sweet.
- Finally to serve add some freshly picked mint and served in a sugar rimmed frosty glass with a fun swizzle stick.
- and whalah the perfect summer drink!